Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
POWERXPRESS DIGITAL CURRICULUM
PowerXpress is a rotation model curriculum using seven stations (art, cooking, games, video, music/movement, science, storytelling) using a life to Bible format. For children grades K-6 with activities for both younger and older children. A favorite downloadable curriculum among churches for years!
From Augsburg Fortress:
- a full intergenerational curriculum
- based on Daniel Erlander's beloved book Manna and Mercy
- a book about God and the continuity of God’s covenant of life, justice, and inclusion to all people and all of creation.
The curriculum includes:
Michelle Gribble's Story and Stretch:
- online videos
- easy to share
- enjoyment for all ages
- movement together
- a fresh perspective on ancient stories and truths
- accessible for teachers and parents
- engaging content available for pre-K-12
||Provides curricula for all ages in a variety of progressive modes and topics.
Narrative Lectionary Based Curricula
Spill the Beans
- Narrative Lectionary
- worship and learning
- resources for all ages
Revised Common Lectionary Based Curricula
Feasting on the Word is a lectionary based curriculum that allows all ages to study the same text each week. Preparatory materials equip leaders with the biblical background they need to feel confident with any age group.
Sample Sessions are available for:
The Free Guide offers tips for online use.
Spiritual Practices Based Curriculum
The Godly Play® method is:
- created by theologian, author and educator, Rev. Dr. Jerome Berryman
- a curriculum of spiritual practice
- explores the mystery of God’s presence in our lives
- teaches us to listen for God and to make authentic and creative responses to God’s call in our lives
- behavior-over-belief curriculum
- connects children with their own inner wisdom
- works well in-person or online
- self awareness
- respect for nature
- utilizes the Bible and other wisdom stories
Year 3 (for ages 9-12) lessons offer:
- a Christianity that is radically inclusive
- a willingness to foster connections
- questions in pursuit of "the Oneness and Unity of all Life" and includes:
- heart-centered and experiential practices
- informed by Christian mysticism and Earth-centered spirituality
- includes interfaith and inter-spiritual perspectives
Other Curricula Lists
The Association of United Church Educators shares a giant list of at-home faith formation activities and ideas.
Keep up with Disciples Home Missions on their website and fb for every-day at-home faith formation ideas.
The PC(USA) Store has a huge list of resources for on-lining church (worship and study groups) and free downloadable faith formation for all ages.
In Our Library - Curricula
In Our Library - Out-of-the-Box