Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Abbey of the Arts' Christine Valters Paintner and Rev. Simon Ruth de Voil offer monthly Contemplative Prayer Services on the first Monday of every month, beginning on October 4th - the Feast of St. Francis. In November they'll gather on the 1st for the Feast of All Saints. Join a global community on First Mondays for quiet reflection, song, poetry, prayer, and lectio divina.
- The Benedictine Center offers a weekly Centering Prayer Group (Wednesdays).
- The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society offers its Tree of Contemplative Practices along with links to many of the practices.
- The Episcopal House of Prayer, Collegeville & Minneapolis, offers a Mystic-a-Month online series (2nd Mondays) and an Online Prayer Series devoted to introducing participants to different recognized forms of prayer (4th Sundays).
- Linden Hills UCC offers Wednesday Meditation with Leni DeMik. (Join via zoom)
- The Loyola Spirituality Center offers morning Centering Prayer and Evening Examen Prayers both weekly, Thursdays.
- Minnehaha United Methodist Church offers an online Taizé Prayer service.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach offers First Things: Morning Centering Prayer (daily, 7:00 AM CST) and Thursday Evening Centering Prayer (7:00 PM CST).
- Pilgrim Lutheran, St Paul, offers an online Sunday Night Contemplative Worship.
- Shalem Institute offers free online resources and courses to support mental and spiritual well-being for congregational leaders, including a Compassion Guided Meditation and Three Essentials for Leadership in the Time of Coronavirus.
- The Many share Groundings: Guided Meditations with Music, Visuals and Words
- Upper Room offers Morning Prayer on Facebook Live or YouTube.
- Progressive Christianity shares this Golden Light Meditation with Crystal Singing Bowls from Ashana Lobody
- Forward Movement offers podcasts to center you in prayer
The Wisdom App Is In The World — Join This Adventure
The Wisdom app experience encompasses:
- 10-15 minute Wisdom Practices, to take at your own pace and integrate into your life.
- 2-4 minute Reflections that you can fold into daily rituals of meditation, silence, prayer, walking, or journaling – or use to create a new rhythm of practice.
- Another calm place to listen to each week’s On Beingepisode.
St Olaf Catholic Church Centering Prayer Group
- occasionally over zoom
- 20 minutes of centering prayer; an hour+ of reflection time
- contact: email@example.com
- 215 S 8th St - Minneapolis
- Saturdays, 9:00-10:30 AM
Incarnation Lutheran Centering Prayer Group
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4880 Hodgson Rd - Shoreview
- Tuesdays, 7:30 AM
Westminster Presbyterian Centering Prayer Group
- zoom option available
- contact: email@example.com
- 1200 Marquette Ave - Minneapolis
- Wednesdays, 12:00 PM/noon
Sts. Luke & James Episcopal First Friday Taize Prayer
- in-person, live-streamed here, and recorded here
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4557 Colfax Ave. S - Minneapolis
- First Fridays of each month, 7:00 PM
Minnehaha United Methodist Taize Prayer
- in-person as soon as safety allows; until then recorded and available via links here
- contact: email@example.com
- 3701 E 50th St - Minneapolis
- Second Fridays of each month (Oct.-May), 7:00 PM
Ecumenical Taize Evening Prayer
- St Frances Cabrini Catholic; Prospect Park UMC; Faith Mennonite; Compassion of Christ Community; Church of Gichitwaa Kteri, & Dignity/Twin Cities
- meal traditionally precedes prayer time - on hold for now
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1500 Franklin Ave SE - Minneapolis
- check here for updated dates and locales
Pilgrim Lutheran Celtic Contemplative Services
- in-person and online options include:
- Celtic Contemplative Communion
- Contemplative Prayer from Nordic & Other Lands
- Choral Contemplative Prayer: Compline
- find up-to-date information regarding in-person and online options here
- contact: email@example.com
- 1935 St Clair Ave - St Paul
- September-May - dates vary
Christos Center for Spiritual Formation's Contemplative Pause
- "come as you can" in-person
- each 2 hour & 15 minute gathering includes:
- silent prayer
- brief meditation
- personal reflection
- 45-minute personal silence
- sharing in triads
- closing comments
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1212 Holly Dr - Lino Lakes
- Tuesdays, 9:45 AM - 12:00/noon