Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Blogs, Podcasts & Articles
by Naaima Khan; Owner and Principal of Create Good, a consultancy that helps organizations more effectively pursue anti-racism work with a special focus on using keen insights from data and evaluation.
Rev. Dr. Michael Piazza cites young writer, Lily Herman's Teen Vogue article, Trump Did Not Lose in a Landslide because the US Is Racist.
Also, find there These 9 Young People Have Some WORDS for President Trump and other great features written by and for young people.
white supremacy culture
by Tema Okun . dRworks . www.dismantlingracism.org
15 characteristics of white supremacy culture and proposed antidotes: excellent for group study
dRworks is a group of trainers, educators and organizers working to build
strong progressive anti-racist organizations and institutions. dRworks can be reached at www.dismantlingracism.org.
A 30-Day Race Challenge: 30 days toward a deeper understanding of race-relations
Video & Webinars
is a response to criticism generated from its predecessor,
The conversation parents of color have with their children about interactions with police.
CREATING A RACIALIZED GOD featuring JOEL EDWARD GOZA exploring the creation of a White, American, "Winner Jesus", versus the real Jesus who appears to be the God on the "losing" side of history. Come and see.
How to deconstruct racism, one headline at a time: Baratunde Thurston: super good talk on racism, includes "interactive" activity accessible to tweens through adults; uses humor yet remains poignant.
A 5-session, 8-film video series, with author Joel Edward Goza, based on his recent book Americas' Unholy Ghosts: The Racist Roots of our Faith an Politics, which examines the DNA of the ideologies that shape America and often justify racist ideas and racial inequalities.
Join Rev. Rene August and The Work of the People community as we journey and discuss films on race, power, and justice in the Creating Bigger Stores series.
Join the conversation at your convenience as Danielle Fanfair "cultivates" discussion which is open to all current TWOTP subscribers.
Additional Resource Lists
compiled this amazing list of video resources, starting with their work with William Barber:
- LOVE, JUSTICE & MERCY - Gospel thoughts from William Barber;
- STAND YOUR GROUND CULTURE - A Facebook clip with Kelly Brown Douglas on the "stand your ground culture";
- COVENANTAL RESTORATION - A 12-session film series on race and faith with Bryan Stevenson, Robyn Henderson-Espinoza, Terry LeBlanc, James Forbes, Reggie Williams, Simone Campbell, and others;
- ALLEGIANCE TO EMPIRE - In this film series, explore the myth of the “Christian” nation and re-narrate what it means to live as residents in a foreign land;
- BUILDING THE SOUL OF A CITY- Sociologist, Michael O. Emerson talks about the history of race and immigration in this film series created with our friends at projectCURATE;
- MATERIALITY AS RESISTANCE - is a textured teaching with Walter Brueggemann about who we are called to be in the world through the lens of loving God, loving ourselves, and loving our neighbor;
- I AM SORRY- For the senseless deaths, for the lack of humanity and the loss of dignity, I AM sorry: a visual benediction by Kelly Ann Hall;
- LORD, OPEN UNTO ME - A Howard Thurman prayer liturgy with narration and updated footage;
- CONJECTURES OF A GUILTY BYSTANDER - A Mystical Vision from Thomas Merton;
- YOU ARE ONE - A poem/prayer by Phu Luu;
- MARCHING FROM PAIN TO POSSIBILITY - These films are invitations to enter into a journey of making sense of our deepest desires that comes from pain and woundedness.