Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Spencer Library - Catalog
Find It Fast
Hermeneia: A Critical and Historical Commentary on the Bible
"Hermeneia is designed for the serious student of the Bible. It makes full use of ancient Semitic and classical languages; at the same time, English translations of all comparative materials—whether Greek, Latin, Canaanite, or Akkadian—are supplied alongside the citation of the source in its original language. Insofar as possible, the aim is to provide the student or scholar with full critical discussion of each problem of interpretation and with the primary data upon which the discussion is based."
EBSCOhost eBook Collection
eBooks covering a wide range of disciplines
About the Spencer Library
The Spencer Library participates in the mission of the seminary by maintaining a core collection that:
- supports the curriculum of United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities.
- supports the pedagogy and scholarship of the seminary’s faculty.
- is representative of the breadth of religious, philosophical, and theological thought and practice, with primary emphasis on Christian traditions.
- provides access to the wider universe of information resources through networking and the utilization of new research tools in print and electronic formats as they can be made available.
- provides instruction to individuals and classes on the use of the library and its resources.
- serves as a resource for the life-long education and ongoing formation of clergy, laity and others in the wider community.
The Spencer Library was formed from the merging of two collections at the founding of United Theological Seminary in the early 1960s; Mission House Theological Seminary and Yankton School of Theology.
Current collection stats:
- 50,000 print books
- 90+ periodical subscriptions
- 22,000 eBook titles
- 60+ online databases
An active member of the Minnesota Theological Library Association (MTLA), the five participating seminary libraries comprise the largest collection of theological and religious materials between Chicago and the West Coast.
Tim Senapatiratne is the Director of the Spencer Library and works in research and bibliographic instruction. He teaches both research courses and courses in Bible.
- M.L.I.S., 2013, University of Southern Mississippi
- Ph.D., 2008, Marquette University
- M.A., 2000, Bethel Seminary
- B.A., 1996, North Central University